Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of School and Other Pictures

Jackson had his first day of school today. He was hesitant to go in but once he started playing with the toys he was just fine! When we picked him up he was happy and said he had fun. His teachers described him as happy and playful today on his daily sheet. I caught up on sleep and relaxed with Ryan while Jackson was at school. It was GREAT! I'll be more productive once I'm not getting up 3 times a night to feed a hungry baby! Speaking of Ryan, the honeymoon is definitely over. He's awake and fussy more these days and needs to be held more often. I'm trying to take it all in stride and remind myself that the sleepless nights and fussiness don't last forever.

Jackson this morning before school. We had a precious camo toddler backpack for him but later found out he had to have a full size back pack. So, we ended up with this one from Target to match his lunchbox.





Jackson in his classroom.


I love these pictures of Ryan sleeping. There is nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby!





Jackson's latest thing now is gobs (gloves.) It took me forever to figure out what he was saying until I noticed he started putting socks on his hands when he said it. Again, he's copying what he saw at his cousin's hockey game. He just cracks us up with his backwards hat and hockey gear. He loves to run around the house and "play" hockey.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Jackson looks so handsome for his first day of school! He is seriously one cute kid!

Now, let's talk hockey for a second. I'm thinking you need to start preparing yourself NOW for the possibility of him playing for real one of these days - you know, following in Brooks' footsteps and all. Maybe Laine's sister can give you some pointers about how you cope as a mom watching your son play such an aggressive sport. Or maybe it's not that aggressive when they're young? Although, I have no doubt Jackson could certainly hold his own in the rink. Might be right up his alley. He certainly has the look with his "gobs." Hilarious!

And then there's sweet baby Ryan - so precious. Sleeping so peacefully. =) I hope the fussy phase passes quickly for you. Love you tons.