Monday, September 27, 2010

Startin' to Get the Hang of It!

I think we are starting to get the hang of having 2 kiddos. We have been out and about a lot and it's getting much easier! Still lots of comedy but getting easier. Here's what we've been up to...

Jackson ate the piece of chocolate that Mumsey left him and as you can see he really enjoyed it.


This is one of Ryan's favorite places to sleep.


Miss Makena hanging out with Ryan.


This outfit is one of my favorites.


Hanging out in the morning.


Wrestling with daddy. One of Jackson's favorite past times. He begs Laine to wrestle ALL the time. He LOVES it.


This weekend we made our first recipe out of the Deceptively Delicious cookbook that Aunt Tin-Tin (Courtney) gave us. Each recipe sneaks in some sort of fruit or vegetable. This one had bananas and carrots. I was pleasantly surprised. They were GREAT and Jackson loved them. Jackson loves to help me cook. He sits on the counter and pours in the ingredients for me.


We are LOVING the beautiful weather. We took a walk to the park and fed the ducks. Well, we tried to feed the ducks. They wouldn't come very close so Jackson decided he should just eat the bread instead.






Here's a picture of Ryan from this morning wearing the cute onsie that Aunt Anne gave him.
Jackson is really starting to enjoy Ryan and is interacting with him more. He's still not very gentle but we are working on that!
Jackson buckles his own car seat and now helps me buckle Ryan's.

4 comments:

Lauri said...

I knew Ryan was getting chunky but OH. MY. GOODNESS! Where did those legs and chin(s) come from??? He is such a chunker, I love it! His size really reminds me of how plump Connor was, and I have never since seen a baby as fat as Connor. We need to compare their weights at the same age, ha! Way to go for keeping Ryan so well-fed! No wonder he's such a happy, contented baby.

Glad you are getting out and about. It definitely seems to do the trick for me (for staying sane, ha!) And yes, the weather makes all the difference. I'm so happy to hear that you are getting the hang of things. I knew it wouldn't take you long!

PS - post the recipe! Or maybe I should just buy the cookbook!

Katherine said...

Seeing how sweet Ryan is only 6 weeks old, you have adjusted quite well and quite quickly I might add! I'm very impressed with how quickly you have bounced back and how much you are doing! I find it is easier to go out than to stay at home all day!

Ryan is a healthy one, isn't he! There is nothing better than seeing a big, chunky breast-fed baby!

Glad you liked the muffins you made out of Deceptively Delicious. You should try the brownies (with spinach) recipe. They are pretty good considering they are healthy.

Tanna said...

Dana, they are both just precious. Love the photo of Jackson enjoying his Mumsey chocolate and Ryan napping all cuddled up in the plaid blanket. Hope ya'll are out enjoying this beautiful weather today!

Amanda said...

Love this post with all of the updates. So glad that you're getting into the new routine with a little more ease these days.

Jackson looks like he enjoyed his chocolate more than anybody I know. =) Maybe we can have a chocolate snack together when I'm there. =)

Do you recommend the deceptively delicious cookbook? I've heard about it, but I haven't actually looked through it. I've heard there's lots of pureeing so the recipes take some time. May be worth it though if it means stuffing some veggies into the kiddos.

My absolute favorite picture in this post is of the morning time. I long for the day when Alex and I can hang out together in bed and snuggle. He's just too busy for that right now.